Dear Supporters and Partners,
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis the ministry of GROW has become severely restricted. With the indefinite closure of all schools and social gatherings Oskar is unable to continue to perform the majority of tasks that he undertakes on a regular basis.
The GROW Trustees and Management Group met via conference call to consider the situation, bearing in mind the welfare of Oskar personally and that of the future and longevity of the Trust and its work. We were able to take advice from the HR and legal department of Scripture Union with regard to the Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) and how it might impact GROW.
The Government’s scheme will make a significant difference to how best we can continue to support Oskar personally as well as helping to protect the future sustainability of GROW. The Trustees and Management Group have therefore taken the decision to furlough Oskar from 1st April for 2 months with a review, depending upon the situation at the end of that period. The Government pays 80% of Oskar’s salary and the Trust has committed to fulfilling the remaining 20%. Oskar is then free to volunteer in other fields to support the vulnerable during this crisis rather than having little to do at home and the Trust maintains its reserves.
Unfortunately, one of the rules of furloughing is that Oskar will be unable to respond to anything GROW related on a paid or a voluntary basis during this period. We will keep you updated as time goes on of our decisions and ask that you keep Oskar and the young people of our town in your prayers as they face unprecedented challenges. If you need to get in touch, please contact Chris or Mike Hay at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE FROM SU SCOTLAND ON SUMMER 2020
It is with deep sadness that SU Scotland has taken the decision to cancel all residential events up until the end of August due to coronavirus. This includes SU Holidays, Weekends, Basecamp and LeadUP and our programme of SU Missions. We have been monitoring the situation very closely, following Government advice and consulting with our Team Leaders and other partners.
Over the past week the Scottish situation has changed considerably and there is great uncertainty around whether there will still be significant restrictions in place during the summer.
Please pray for the Holidays team as they deal with the practicalities of cancellation with parents and others who are adversely affected by our decision.
SU Scotland 27/03/2020
Yours in Christ,
Glenrothes Area Christian Youth Trust SC034830