How we use your information
GROW collects personal data from those who sign up to receive our mailings, those who make donations, and those who attend our events. This is likely to include names and addresses, details of donations, event bookings, records of correspondence and church affiliation.
We will not sell or share your details with third parties for the purpose of fundraising or marketing. We collect and process all data in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will use the data given to us in the following ways:
- to process donations and keep appropriate records
- to provide services which have been requested and confirm event bookings
- for internal record keeping
- to inform supporters about the impact of their donations, e.g. sending thank you letters, news, updates and fundraising appeals by post and email
- for the purposes of supporter care, e.g. responding to complaints
- to tailor our communications, which may include using a telephone number provided to call supporters about a specific purpose
We rely on what the GDPR calls, “legitimate interests” to hold our supporters’ details, administer donations, keep relevant records and contact those who have indicated their wish to receive postal mailings. Our legitimate interests include furthering our charitable objective of advancing the Christian religion among the young people of the Glenrothes area and providing the service our supporters reasonably expect. We also rely on what the GDPR calls, “consent” to send electronic newsletters and appeals to supporters who have indicated that they are happy to receive these communications.
Personal details will be handled securely and will only be shared with organisations working on our behalf, e.g. our mailing house.
We retain personal data for as long as it is necessary to maintain our relationship with supporters, or keeping the information as otherwise necessary, e.g. donations and Gift Aid claim records are kept for at least seven years. Those whose personal data we process have the right to access that information, or to ask us to correct or erase that information, by written request.
If you would prefer us not to keep in touch with you, you have the right to withdraw consent to us using your data. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.